What Are Neck Lines?
Neck lines typically appear as part of the natural aging process and are usually seen as wrinkles and sagging skin due to a loss of elasticity and depletion of collagen.
What Causes Neck Lines?
As well as natural aging, Neck Lines are caused by keeping your head in the same position for long periods of time when working at a computer, or when you sleep.
What Do NeckLines Look Like?
These aging wrinkles usually appear horizontally across the neck, but can also be vertical.
Or, the skin just looks sagging or crepey.
Treatments For Neck Lines
The Plasma Pen Skin Tightening Device is perfect to reduce the appearance of deep horizontal and vertical Neck Lines.
The procedure is effective for several skin concerns, and excellent for treating deep Neck Lines. It is a time-consuming treatment to carry out, but the effects are worth it.
The treatment is injection-free, non-surgical, with results typically lasting 3 years.
Skin Boosting Therapy
Skin Boosting Therapy is an injectable anti-ageing treatment for skin that, due to the aging process, is losing its firmness and elasticity.
The treatment works very well for singular horizontal Neck Lines and Crepey Skin.
Products such as Profhilo and Hyadral are injected into strategic points on the neck to combat tired, dehydrated and ageing skin giving it a plumper, smoother and firmer appearance.
For Fine Neck Lines that are not too deep, Chemical Peels and other Exfoliating treatments can reduce the signs of wrinkles.
These treatments are designed to exfoliate your skin and encourage it to refresh itself by creating fresh new skin cells. In addition, they stimulate the skin’s natural collagen production to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Self-Help to Prevent Neck Lines
Here are some steps you can take to reduce your chances of developing Neck Lines, as well as improve the appearance of existing lines.
- Drink plenty of water and eat a low-salt diet rich in high-fibre foods.
- Avoid smoking and limit alcohol intake
- Exercise your neck daily to tighten your neck muscles and limit sagging skin.
- Wearing Sunscreen SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of 30 or above sun when you are outdoors, whether in the sun or not, as UVA light levels can cause damage throughout the year. Reapply every two hours if you’re swimming or sweating.
- Use Moisturisers that include SPF to block both UVA and UVB rays. Moisturisers may also temporarily mask tiny lines and creases.
Not sure which treatment is right for you?
Book a Free Skin Consultation below and we’ll decide which one is for you!