Aesthetic treatments that can to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, firm up skin and increase the production of collagen are incredibly popular. One such treatment is the Plasma Pen, but what is this? And what can Plasma Pen treatments be used for?
What is Plasma Pen treatment?
Plasma Pen treatment is also known as fibroblast therapy and this is a non invasive, non surgical aesthetic treatment option that can bring a number of advantages and benefits for your skin. This treatment uses a high tech skin treatment tool to apply energized gas to the skin. This energized gas is diatomic nitrogen. On the outer layers of skin this has a micro-abrasive effect but the treatment also heats and stimulates the deeper layers too. This has a fantastic effect on the amount of collagen production in the area, in a short time period.
What can a Plasma Pen be used for?
A Plasma Pen treatment session can be used for a wide range of purposes including:
- Firming sagging skin- as a natural part of the ageing process, the skin loses volume and elasticity particularly around the jawline, jowls and neck. This can lead to sagging skin in these areas but by increasing the natural production of collagen here, the skin can become firmer.
- Reducing the appearance of stretch marks- Plasma Pen treatment is not just for the facial area, as this can be used effectively on all parts of the body, including the stomach, thighs, arms, and legs. Here, this treatment can very effectively be used to treat stretch marks, or scars, dramatically reducing the appearance of these.
- Reducing the appearance of wrinkles including lines around the eyes and mouth- with the lose of volume and elasticity in facial areas due to the ageing process, wrinkles and lines can become more prominent and obvious. To reduce the appearance of these the plasma pen treatment can be used very effectively.
- Treating spider veins and twisted blood vessels- these can often be seen through the surface of the skin and this can have a negative impact on self confidence. Plasma Pen treatments can help to reduce the appearance of these, and help improve skin complexion.
What are the advantages of Plasma Pen treatment?
There are a number of advantages and benefits to choosing Plasma Pen treatment, and these include:
- Long lasting results- Plasma Pen treatment is specifically designed to stimulate the natural production of collagen which means that the results can be enjoyed for multiple years, with top up treatments only required every 3 or 4 years! This treatment can also be paired with other aesthetic treatment options like dermal fillers and chemical peels.
- Being a non-invasive treatment option- surgery and invasive treatment options can often be a daunting prospect with a potentially long recovery time. In contrast, a Plasma Pen treatment is completely non invasive and the recovery time needed is a maximum of 5-10 days.
- Low pain treatment- most people who have Plasma Pen treatment do not experience any pain during the procedure and others report only very mild discomfort.
For more information or advice about Plasma Pen treatment and how it could benefit you, get in touch with our team today here at Aesthetics Julie Edwards. We can provide a wide range of high quality aesthetics and beauty treatments and that’s why we are Lytham St Anne’s leading aesthetic providers.