Dull skin is one of the most common skin complaints. But what causes this and what are the effective aesthetic treatment options for dull skin?
What are the causes of dull skin?
Dull skin can be caused by a wide range of factors including:
- A build up of dead skin cells- our skin cells naturally shed on a daily basis and these can become stuck to the surface of the skin. The dead skin cells are darker and duller than the healthier skin cells, and as a result, these give your skin a dull complexion.
- Dehydration- if you are dehydrated this will have a negative impact on every part of your body including your skin cells. It’s important for your skin to remain hydrated for health and maintaining skin tone. Dehydration prevents the blood from flowing freely to the skin cells leaving skin duller and paler.
- Lifestyle factors and environmental factors- lifestyle factors such as smoking and environmental factors like pollution and UV exposure can also leave your skin dull.
What are the most effective aesthetic treatment options for dull skin?
There are a range of different aesthetic treatment options that can be used effectively for dull skin. These include:
- Chemical peels- a chemical peel is specifically formulated to remove the top layer of skin and dead skin cells to promote skin rejuvenation and healing. This involves applying a slightly acidic substance to the skin, and removing this after a set timer to achieve the intended results. A professional chemical peel can brighten and lighten a dull skin tone and dramatically improve the appearance of your skin. This should always be applied by a knowledgeable and professional team, like us here at Aesthetics Julie Edwards, for the best possible outcome.
- Microneedling- Microneedling is an aesthetic treatment that involves using many tiny needles to penetrate the skin’s surface and promote skin rejuvenation. This allows the dead and dull skin cells to be removed, and increases the blood flow to the surrounding skin cells to maximize hydration, leading to brighter skin with a more even skin tone.
- PRP- PRP stands for Platelet Rich Plasma and this is a treatment that involves injecting the skin with a combination of your own plasma, as well as important active ingredients. This can have a wide range of benefits including skin tightening and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, but this will also have the impact of brightening dull skin and improving skin tone.
- Dermaplaning- Dermaplaning is another popular and effective aesthetic treatment option for treating dull skin. This is a treatment option that involves using a surgical scalpel to remove the top layer of dead skin cells and peach fuzz to allow new cells to replace the old ones. This can brighten a dull skin complex and leave skin smooth and healthy.
Choose a professional team
For your skin health and for optimal results you should always choose a professional team like us here at Aesthetics Julie Edwards. We are the leading aesthetic practitioners in Lytham St Anne’s and we offer a wide range of top quality aesthetic treatment options. Why not get in touch today?